The WEEE Directive (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013)
Electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) is regulated to reduce the amount of waste electrical and electronic equipment (WEEE) incinerated or sent to landfill sites.
Reduction is achieved through various measures which encourage the recovery, reuse, and recycling of products and components. The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations 2013 (as amended) is the underpinning UK legislation.
Here at Computer Disposal Experts, we can handle your WEEE requirements, our business model is based on the simple aspect of reusing and refurbishing as much as possible.
For more information please see: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/regulations-waste-electrical-and-electronic-equipment
The Data Protection Act 2018
The Data Protection Act 2018 controls how your personal information is used by organisations, businesses or the Government.
The Data Protection Act 2018 is the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Everyone responsible for using personal data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles'. They must make sure the information is:
- Used fairly, lawfully and transparently
- Used for specified, explicit purposes
- Used in a way that is adequate, relevant and limited to only what is necessary
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date
- Kept for no longer than is necessary
- Handled in a way that ensures appropriate security, including protection against unlawful or unauthorised processing, access, loss, destruction or damage
For more information please see: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. View our certificate.
We are registered with the Environment Agency as a Waste Carrier. View our certificate.
Our Quality and Environmental management systems are registered with QMS, ISO 9001:2015 / ISO 14001:2015. View our certificate.